Premises Liability Law
Slip & Fall Attorney in Louisville
Slip and falls are a species of premises liability law. If you have been injured due to tripping or falling on someone’s business premises or in someone’s house, you may be eligible to get compensation for you injuries including the payment of you medical bills, reimbursement for any wages lost, and compensation for pain and suffering.
In order to recover for your injuries, the owner’s negligence must be proven. Property owners owe you a duty of care. The extent of this duty varies depending on your status as an invitee while on the premises. For example property owners owe a higher duty of care to business invitees than to trespassers. If you were hurt as a result of negligence, you should discuss your possible claim with an attorney.
What should you do after the accident?
- Document everything and report your fall
- Seek medical attention promptly
- Contact an attorney to discuss your claim
Examples of Negligence:
- Wet floors with no warning signs posted
- Liquids and sticky substance on the floor
- Hidden dangers unknown to you but that should have been known to the owner if the owner bothered to check
- Uneven floorboards
- Cracks on the driveway or sidewalks
- Poorly lit stairs
- Toxic substances
Where Can Premises Liability Occur?
It can happen anywhere including:
- Malls and supermarkets
- Parking lots
- Amusement parks
- Private houses and apartment complexes
Statute of Limitations.
Beware your claim is only good for a certain amount of time. After that time expires, your claim becomes time barred and will be lost forever. It is therefore essential that you contact an attorney and file your slip and fall claim as soon after the injury as possible.
Call Aleksander Law Office to discuss your claim (502) 589-0816 or fill out our contact form.